Sunday, September 29, 2013

Cheryl's bathroom makeover

So here's is "My bathroom" (You can read about "Craig's bathroom" in the previous post) when we bought this house it only had one bathroom, when Carina became a teenager, things got really rough, especially since she could take 4 hour bath's, so, we built this bathroom and then Carina was free to monopolize the other bathroom.  It used to be the coat closet, the closet in my craft room and the garage closet, we knocked out the walls between the closets and created this long skinny bathroom.  Besides the rough plumbing, we did it all ourselves.
 
The walls use to be a very, very pale minty green, it almost looked white, so I wanted it a bit darker.  I agonized over this paint color and finally decided on it, went to get some mixed up and it came out this aweful color, the guy mixing it kept trying to fix it, but it just got worse, so I finally picked a slightly darker color than what I wanted and this is what I ended up with, I really wanted it a bit lighter, but it is growing on me.
 
Good 'Ol Ikea, I got some picture frames and I wanted something floral, but not to flowery if you know what I mean, so I googled all kinds of things and somehow wound up finding these, it is a PDF of a really old botanical book, 400 and something pages, but there were tons of pictures of plants in it that were just perfect!  I resized them and printed them out and wahlah!

The green in the next two pictures below are way off of what the wall color looks like, the above ones and the last one are much closer to how it really looks. I would have cried if it turned out like this, lol.
 
The prints have kind of a peachy background that goes great with my tile floor.
 
I also put in a new vanity light, nothing was wrong with the old one except I couldn't get one of the glass covers off so I could paint around it, it was stuck on there, so I gave up and just put in a new fixture, I like this one a lot.  You can't really see it in the picture, but trust me, it is cool!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: